Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I just unpacked my new micro panel which works fine on my mac book. - So no hardwareissue.
On my main workstation, a hpZ820 with Win 10Pro, I did every update so far, the DaVinci Resolve Panel app says that no panel is found.

The other day I attatched it to a friends PC Laptop  with Win 10 - no issue - worked like it should work.
In my systems device manager in the category of "Other devices" - the panel is shown two times. It gives me the option to search online for a driver...
Of core I installed DaVinci 12.5.5 and with it comes the drivers...

My System BIOS is J63 v03.65, my ME Firmware version is 7.1.21.1134 - maybe that helps somehow. I know it´s not the newest machine.... but works like butter.

System secure boot is disabled in BIOS.

I don´t know what to do else, as I´m not the BIOS settings guru and I don´t want to crash my machine - I have read here that some major pitfalls are waiting ...

I´m a bit hopless so far.
Maybe you guys can help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So this did the trick:

BiosUpdate

ChipsetUpdate

WindowsUpdate

DriverUpdate

New Installation of DaVinci

After this, my Thunderboltcard didn´t recognize my areca raid. After a driver rollback for that card everything works now fine.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi gorri,

First of all, I love your setup. Now I'm looking into ordering my own micro panel. How much RAM do you have available to run DaVinci Resolve? I edit on both a Mac and various HP PC's and have found that the PC's that don't have much available RAM either run my programs extremely slowly (to the point of being unusable), or don't run at all.  This would be the first place I would look to determine if my setup is compatable with my micro panel. I hope that helps a bit. On a personal note, how do you like the micro panel? 

Thanks and good luck!

SE_Video

Say "thanks" by clicking the Kudos thumbs up!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi SE Video,

Thanks for your answer.

DaVinci runs realy like butter. I installed a TitanX Graphics Card and 64 Gigs of RAM are installed.

Even 6K Red File runs with 15fps. So no problem at all with the speed of the hardware.

I installed a thunderbolt2 Card that is hooked up to my Areca Raid System and I have a data read of about 1 Gbps per second. So in the hardwarespecs there should not be an issue.

I´ve graded a lot in the past with curves. As I understand from Photoshop a lot about curves this was my first attempt. - after setting the parameters how DaVinci interprets the RAW footage.

Now I realy hope to get the micro panel working so I get more experienced with the Primary wheels and the Log wheels because I think this might be a more proffesional way to approach color grading.

I hope that somebody can tell me what to do with my machine. 

Best regards,

Felix Gorbach

HP Recommended

Hi Felix!

I would have to agree that the wheels would be a more professional way to color grade. It would also probably make the process much simpler. I really am looking into purchasing my own now. I've put a request out for assistance from people who know more about your PC setup than I do. Hopefully you'll get your answer soon enough. Good luck with all your color grading!

Thanks,

SE_Video 

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended
That would be Great - thanks
HP Recommended

So this did the trick:

BiosUpdate

ChipsetUpdate

WindowsUpdate

DriverUpdate

New Installation of DaVinci

After this, my Thunderboltcard didn´t recognize my areca raid. After a driver rollback for that card everything works now fine.

HP Recommended

Awesome! I'm glad that it all worked out. Best of luck on your future projects.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Bonjour, ayant eu le même problème sous Davinci 14, j'ai appliqué toutes les solutions sansobtenir de solution.

Finalement, j'ai désinstallé Davinci Resolve 14 à l'aide de Revo Uninstaller, passé Ccleaner pour nettoyer la base de registre.

Branché le micro panel, boot de la machine, puis reinstallation de davinci 14 et là, le panel était reconnu.

Il semble que le problème se trouve dans la base de registre.

HP Recommended

@Gipe33

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Well, I guess Gipe said something like:
Hello, I had the same issue with DaVindi 14 and I tried all the solutioins from above.

In the end I uninstalled Davindi Resolve 14 with the Revo Uninstaller, let Ccleaner clean my regitry.

Reconnected the micro panel, booted the machiine, and reinstalled DaVindi 14 and the panel reconnected.

It seems that the problem was in the registry.

I will try that myself - with a system restore point. - and hope for the best, cause DaVindi 14 doesn´t work on my system as well... - again...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.