Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I've actually heard some bad things about Bios Agent, but I've never used it, so I can't be sure.

It sounds like your system setup will work.  If you do decide to go through with the update, please post your results and your system specs.  I think it seems more credible if more than just one person had good results.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Okay, oh my God, the BIOS update 8.18 actually worked on my PC. Here is proof:

bios_8_18b.png

bios_8_18.png
Okay, HP. Here is proof that 8.18 BIOS works on Windows 7 model PC's (my model specifically: P7-1233w as shown above). So why isn't it available to download?

Edit: I will try my EVGA GTX 750 tomorrow to see if it works now.

HP Recommended

I've been wanting to get the Evga GTX 750 ti SC, (since on the website, and newegg, it states that it runs on a min of 300 watt psu) so I'm hoping you update us and let us know if it worked out for ya?

HP Recommended

I wouldn't worry about the 300w PSU. PC Perspective did an article seeing how upgradeable OEM PC's are, and a GTX 750 Ti could run on a PSU as little as 250w: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Upgrade-Story-Can-GTX-750-Ti-Convert-OEMs-PCs-Gaming-PCs

Edit: I will be testing my graphics card out a little later today.

HP Recommended

I can confirm that my EVGA GTX 750 Superclocked is working beautifully after updating my BIOS to 8.18.

HP Recommended

Thanks for updating everyone!  I personally think it's rude when people find a solution to a problem on a forum, and never tell whether the problem was resolved or not.

I'm glad my experiences were helpful to some people.  HP definitely needs to include this BIOS update on the driver support page for PCs with this motherboard.

HP Recommended

I agree, this BIOS update needs to be added. They are limiting the upgradability of their PC's by limiting the updates on a per-model basis.

I think a mod removed my images above. They were only screen caps of PC Wizard 2013 showing that I was in fact running the 8.18 BIOS on my HP PC model with Windows 7.

But yeah, everything is working flawlessly.

HP Recommended

I wonder if the other bios update (80.46) would work on our MS-7778 motherboards.

After looking up which computers use that update, pavilion 500-046 is one example, it has the same looking green MS-7778 ver 1.0 motherboard I have but its called the JasmineR. That model runs Richland cpus/apus and i wonder if the only difference is the bios and that bios that have 8.xx run only Trinity apus and bios with 80.xx runs Trinity and Richland.

HP Recommended

I honestly do not know if it would be safe to attempt going with 8.40 since it is intended for the JasmineR motherboard. Could be slight variations in the board and BIOS that could potentially brick your motherboard.

HP Recommended

Well... comparing the two boards on the HP site, they are nearly identical.  The chipset is the same, the bus speed is the same, the layout is identical. 

But even I'm not crazy enough to try an update to the 80.46 version.  Well... at least not yet anyway.  After extracting the 80.46 version, I don't find any documentation.  And included is a .cva file, not the .rom file like the 8.18 update.

Actually, a BIOS like this would be exactly what I'm looking for, so I can update to the Richland CPU, but I don't think it'll be compatible.   Like I said, I really am a noob when it comes to these things, so I'm not sure.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.