Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am visiting my aged parents in India, from Canada.  Trying to setup the desktop for my parents have.  Bought a HP wired Keyboard (slno 7CH1500C6W) and HP wired mouse (sl no 6974388) from a local shop in JP Nagar 8th phase Bangalore.  The first time after connecting, everything worked fine.  Switched off for the night.  Next morning. Keyboard would not work at all.  mouse works fine.

Plugged keyboard into 4 other USB ports available on the desktop.  still doesnt work.  plugged the keyboard into 2 ports available on my laptop.  no success.  Get the windows notification message that 'the newly plugged USB device has malfunctioned and cannot be connected.'  Left it for the day and tried next day on the laptop again, it worked for some time and stopped.

Today keyboard plugged into laptop is working fine, currently typing on it.  Ran all the trouble shooting tools and no issues identified or reported by the diagnostics tool.  updated the drivers as well.  This intermittent issue is bothering, as once I leave and if this happens, my aged father will be lost.  

Yesterday went to the local shop, hoping he would replace the keyboard.  Instead I was shown the line on the receipt that 'Service center warranty' and was told to contact HP service center, contact number on the box.  Called the Customer contact/feedback : 1-800-425-4999 on the box, and was directed by IVR to another 1-800 number which kept disconnecting on choosing IVR option to connect to an agent.  Found a local Bangalore support center number : 080 4112 9925 : https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tVP1zc0TC4uyjazrEgxYLRSMagwTkpMNTS1tDBNNExONE0xtzKoSDYzNkh...

no response, nobody answered the call and the comments on this center are not any encouraging at all.

on the second day , I created an account in HP website and tried to register this product and ask for support.  but the HP system does not recognize the sl number of the keyboard '7CH1500C6W'.  this number is from the barcode on the box and also printed on back of the keyboard.  so this is accurate.  HP product registration page 

75Murthy_1-1666073568174.png

Virtual assistant also says the same thing.

75Murthy_0-1666073462213.png

Any suggestions on how can this issue be resolved or addressed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.