Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-154na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm running the latest drivers and BIOS for a 2016 Pavilion 550-154na (ROM Family SSID 2B47 (A0.18 Rev.A)) and I've been seeing several bugs;

I have turned on Wake-on-LAN in the BIOS but the computer fails to Wake-on-LAN. It had worked fine in previous BIOS versions.

If I put the computer on standby, it will always inexplicably wake completely unprompted a few minutes later (no Wake-on-LAN requests).

Upon changing any BIOS settings and rebooting, I'm told by the BIOS there is a hard drive error and I must run hardware diagnostics (F2). I do this but it then never finds any faults.

I'm confident these are bugs that HP needs to fix. I tried to contact support but I can't submit the form because my warranty ran out four months ago. What else am I supposed to do? If the BIOS hasn't been updated since October 2016, I can't see HP fixing their shoddy computers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ratheniska

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are having issues with the Wake on LAN.

I’d love to help!

I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2qUuq9w

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ratheniska

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are having issues with the Wake on LAN.

I’d love to help!

I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2qUuq9w

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This fixed my Wake-on-LAN issure, thank you.

HP Recommended

@ratheniska

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.