Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Pro 6300 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.
I have a HP 6300 MT with installed Bios V02.98.
Can I update this to a newer version, that gives me the possibilities to update to win11.
For WIN11 the bios must have TMP 2.0.
What is the latest BIOS version.

With regards
[Personal Information Removed]

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The problem is not with the BIOS, it is with the TPM chip firmware.

The TPM chip, not the BIOS needs to be upgraded.

Upgrading the chip firmware is possible on newer motherboards but not on older motherboards.

The Pro 6300 MT is not listed in any HP document that deals with upgrading the TPM chip.

HP Recommended

Even if owners of Pro 6300 machines manage to get an update to their TPM chips for v2.0, it appears (as of June 26, 2021) that the Intel processor must be at least 8th generation in order to be acceptable for Windows 11.

The Intel i5-3470 in my Pro 6300 is of 3rd generation, so that would disqualify my PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.