Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Update my graphics card advisory

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-195na 16gb ram ITb hd GeForce 950 (2gb) 300W ps
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Morning all,

I need to know what graphics card I can upgrade to, to run Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 comfortably  & according to the specs of my mobo. (running on a 2gb card at the mo & want to upgrade to a 6/8gb card)

I understand I might need to upgrade my power supply to 500W, but want to avoid this if poss....

Many thanks for any input,

Freddie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Freddie1949

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to upgrade the graphics card on your computer to run Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the system requirements for the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and see that your computer already meets the requirement to run it comfortably. However, if you wish to upgrade the graphics card you can install any graphics card which uses PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0) interface and upgrade the power supply as per the power requirement of the graphics card.

System requirement for running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200.
  • RAM: 8 GB.
  • VIDEO CARD: Radeon RX 570 or GeForce GTX 770.
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.0.
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.0.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 150 GB.
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB.

Below is the link for the motherboard specifications.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-100-desktop-pc-series/12079703/document/c0523692...

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Freddie1949
Author
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgot to add, it has to be capable of running an LG 34" ULTRAWIDE quad (3440x1440) &, it has an intel i5 CPU

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Freddie1949

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to upgrade the graphics card on your computer to run Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the system requirements for the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and see that your computer already meets the requirement to run it comfortably. However, if you wish to upgrade the graphics card you can install any graphics card which uses PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0) interface and upgrade the power supply as per the power requirement of the graphics card.

System requirement for running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200.
  • RAM: 8 GB.
  • VIDEO CARD: Radeon RX 570 or GeForce GTX 770.
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.0.
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.0.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 150 GB.
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB.

Below is the link for the motherboard specifications.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-100-desktop-pc-series/12079703/document/c0523692...

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation