Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b227c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wife has a Pavillion All In One 24" b227c.  I have seen on YouTube where the processor can be removed on at least a similar AIO.  The processor she has now is not windows 11 compatible (even though this computer is not THAT old.  Is there an option for upgrade?  Current processor is Core i5-7400T CPU @ 2.4 GHz.  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the processor can be upgraded but not to one that supports W11.

HP Pavilion 24-b227c All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

If you want to try out W11 on your PC as it is, let me know and I will give you two easy ways to bypass the hardware checks and you will be able to retain your currently installed programs and files, as well as a way to go back to W10 if necessary, after the default 'go back to W10' period expires. 

I think that grace period is something like 10 days.

HP Recommended

Yes I would....at the same time 10 is supported until 2025 so I don't want to take too much of a risk on this . Any downside to bypassing?

HP Recommended

Hi:

No doubt each PC is different.  I have upgraded 11 HP and Dell desktop PC's and notebooks, some as old as from 2008, and they all work fine on W11.

I have not encountered any downsides or issues.  They have all gotten the security updates, etc.

I check the unsupported PC's updates against one PC I have that is fully supported to run W11.

Here is the information you need to bypass the checks and a way to go back to W10 if necessary or desired.

If you want to install W11 on your PC as is, you can bypass the W11 hardware requirements using two easy methods. 

The first one is the easiest.

I would make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

To upgrade to W11, read and follow the instructions at the link below.

Windows 11 Upgrade Hack on Any Hardware | Dong Knows Tech

No registry changes needed.  No need to create installation media.  Just download the W11 ISO file, and the guy's zip file.

There is also this way you can upgrade to W11, bypassing the hardware checks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02mgrA51974 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.