Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk800
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade the CPU on my HP EliteDesk 800 SFF because its not compatible with Windows 11. Does anyone know what CPU I can upgrade to if I have an HP 8054 motherboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

What 'G' is your EliteDesk 800?

None of the G1, G2, or G3's can be updated to a processor that supports W11.

If you have a G3, and it has an Intel 7th gen core processor, the jury is still out on that processor not being supported.

There are rumblings that Microsoft may back off the 8th gen requirement and allow 7th gens to run W11.

Anything older than that is not being planned to be supported for W11.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

What 'G' is your EliteDesk 800?

None of the G1, G2, or G3's can be updated to a processor that supports W11.

If you have a G3, and it has an Intel 7th gen core processor, the jury is still out on that processor not being supported.

There are rumblings that Microsoft may back off the 8th gen requirement and allow 7th gens to run W11.

Anything older than that is not being planned to be supported for W11.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, Many thanks for the reply. My PC is a G2 so not going to be able to upgrade. 

Cheers

Peter

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Peter.

I think it is a shame that we won't be able to run W11 on perfectly capable PC's.

I'm running the W11 developer's edition on a HP 8200 Elite CMT with an Intel 2nd gen i7 processor, TPM 1.2 in UEFI mode.

The 8200 Elite did not have a secure boot option.

It runs great on W11.  I needed to install a couple of W7 drivers on some old components like the AMT, and whatnot.

I used some tricks out there on the internet to bypass the hardware checks.

I'm hoping when W11 comes out someone out there will have a way to still bypass the hardware checks and install W11 on any PC that W10 would work on.

The only thing I wouldn't know would be if the installation would be activated or not.

HP Recommended

"I'm running the W11 developer's edition on a HP 8200 Elite CMT with an Intel 2nd gen i7 processor, TPM 1.2 in UEFI mode."

I´m using a Prodesk 600 G2, Core I5 6500, 16GB RAM, TPM 2.0, a Bios from 2021 and I´m still not suitable too... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.