Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 510-030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking to upgrade the graphics card on my HP Desktop to run a game that requires one of the supported GPU's below. After reading on the forum, there were conflicting information on what types of GPU would fit or work with this model. Can anyone please let me know for sure if any of these will work with my model HP?  There was one member who stated that the GTX GE 1060 fit. 

here is my model HP Pavilion https://content.abt.com/documents/75006/510-P030_specs.pdf

I also understand I will need to upgrade my power supply but can someone explain to me if the power supplies are universal in size? or if I need to find one that will fit the physical dimensions as my HP Pavilion?

NVIDIA GPU Supported   X NVIDIA Titan X X   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 X   Desktop NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 X      X NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070(all) X   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080(all) X   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20-series (all) X  

AMD GPU Supported   X AMD 400 Series X   AMD 500 Series X   AMD 5000 Series X   AMD Vega Series X

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@KAdad , welcome to the forum.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will help you decide which of the video cards will fit into your case.  I believe you will get the most help on the specifications of the cards on www.Newegg.com.  I always use them for this reason. 

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply but the link doesn’t seem to work! Any additional help is appreciated 

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @KAdad!  Thank you for the additional information.

Here is the link to the Knowledge Base article:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7447100

This should open for you.  If you still have questions, let me know.

HP Recommended

@old_geekster, I apologize again but the links above both are both inactive for me.

For the HP link it takes me to a page that states

"The article you are trying to access is not available"

The NewEgg one does not even load.

I have clicked the link, right clicked the link, copy and pasted the link with the same result on google chrome, microsoft edge, mobile browsers and all with the same response. 

Thanks in advance. 

HP Recommended

@KAdad, not a problem.  What looks like a link to Newegg is actually just text to show you where to get the information.  I should have mentioned that in my post.  I owe you an apology. 😉

Here is the link again to the HP Knowledge Base article on Video Cards:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7447100

Hopefully, it will work this time.  I changed browsers because I have been having problems with FireFox.

Now, I didn't mention anything about the power supply unit (PSU).  You should find the PSU that you want to buy and get the measurements.  Then, measure the space where the PSU will be installed to make certain that it will fit.  There is some good information on PSU's in the article that I provided.

Again, if you have more questions, let me know.  As I always say to people, "the only dumb question is the one that you don't ask"!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.