Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I ordered an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC (Product number: 8MP64AV) with an RTX 3060 video card. The only PSU offered in the configuration tool when I ordered the PC online from HP was a 400 W PSU; however, I later found out that a larger watt PSU is recommended when an RTX 3060 is installed.

Can I replace this with a Corsair 750 w PSU or is there a specific higher watt PSU from HP that I should install?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@JackJCaine -- Can I replace this with a Corsair 750 w PSU 

Are the physical dimensions of the HP power-supply and the Corsair power-supply the same, so that it will fit into the HP computer-case?

Are the power-leads from the HP power-supply and the Corsair power-supply very similar, so that you can get power to the motherboard, and to all the internal devices?

HP Recommended

I have no idea what the dimensions or connections look like on either 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi
Your computer does not work with its power supply?
Not all models are the same, so the one you own may not need a more powerful one.

identify your motherboard, and see this KB, unfortunately restricted, but see, you certainly have a particular power supply, you

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-1000i/32480786/product-info

Power Supply Cross Reference for specific models

you can't  just  buy anything !

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The issue is that the video card mfg recommends a larger PSU. If I want to upgrade to a 750 w or 850 w PSU, what PSU is recommended?

HP Recommended

@JackJCaine -- what PSU is recommended?

You will need one that has the same physical dimensions as the standard power-supply.

Also, you need one that has the same connectors at each "tail" of the power-supply, to connect to all the sockets that require power (motherboard, SATA devices, graphics adapter).

Power Supply

-N/A- L64961-800 Power Supply - GNRC PSU 310W Sirius2 ENT19 Full Range 
-N/A- L69242-800 Power Supply - 400W cDT23 FR Gold

The "N/A" indicates that these two power-supplies cannot be purchased from HP.

Also, neither has the wattage that you indicate that you desire.

Maybe, if you search on eBay or Amazon or via Google, you might find  "L64961" or "L69242" ?

Maybe, HP manufactured a "L69243" or "L69244" with higher wattage? Try a search.

EDIT: Please see another "solved" thread on this discussion forum: 

Solved: PSU & GPU Upgrade Question - HP Support Community - 7303076 

for a reference to "L64961".

HP Recommended

@JackJCaine 

Check as I told you in the KB, but the max is probably 500w here

and maybe you did not understand my previous answer here is an original model, hp

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-1000i/32480786/document/c078...

Product Name
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1937nd PC
Motherboard
Baker
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 (12 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
Power Supply Type
400 W 80 Plus Gold certified power supply

so if your computer is new, and it does not work properly because of the power supply
you should contact HP instead, rather than try anything, destroy the computer, and lose the benefit of your warranty

in any case, it is not because you will find graphics cards on the net that need a much more powerful power supply, that this will be the case, with the one that is in place, if it is indeed that of origin

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.