Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TP01-1100ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community, 

last few hours I have read some threads, found this great chart but no answer to my dektop pc.

I want to upgrade the HP Pavilion TP01-1100ng with a graphics card MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT 8 GB.

First of all the graphics card needs a PCIe power plug. The built-in HP power supply has no PCIe plug.
Part two, the supply only comes with 180 watts (Part Number L70042-004).
IMHO I need more than 450 W. Aftermarket ATX power supplies won't work, because the Baker Mainboard (SSID: 8767) has proprietary connections P1 4 Pin Power, P2 7 Pin PWRCMD and P3 PWR CPU.

Finally my questions:

Is there any compatible power supply I can use for? Or probably an adapter for an ATX power supply?

Thanks a lot!

some specs:

Radeon-RX-5500-XT 

HP support TP01-1100ng 

Baker Mainboard specs 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Diligens87,

Thank you for the comment, as I created that chart. Your PSU # was interesting. I did not know it existed.

There is no adapter for a 24 pin  ATX PSU, nor would I ever advise so. The MSI RX 5500 XT is a 140W card,  so you need at least the 400W.  IMHO, the 500W L05757-800 is the better choice.   The chart has the different part numbers for the 400W and 500W unit(s).   That card is 9.72 inches long, so try a heavy gauge cardboard template 4.3" x 9.75" to test if it will drop into the slot length.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Diligens87,

Thank you for the comment, as I created that chart. Your PSU # was interesting. I did not know it existed.

There is no adapter for a 24 pin  ATX PSU, nor would I ever advise so. The MSI RX 5500 XT is a 140W card,  so you need at least the 400W.  IMHO, the 500W L05757-800 is the better choice.   The chart has the different part numbers for the 400W and 500W unit(s).   That card is 9.72 inches long, so try a heavy gauge cardboard template 4.3" x 9.75" to test if it will drop into the slot length.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Wb2001

Thanks for your answer and please apologize the german links.

I've found a local dealer and bought the 500 W PSU. It works great. 

That graphics card fits into the Mini Tower very well - just an ATX 8-PIN adapter with 180 degrees I recommend for this size of card.

Thank you an best regards

Stephan

Maybe someone looks for the same:

Dealer in Germany

8-PIN-ATX-Adapter180 degree

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.