Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite e9290f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot find any information on the Pegatron motherboard (CT: BDFP 4B 0Z Y6 7JZ; P/N: 594415-001 V.E01; but I believe it is the TRUCKEE 1.04 E01).  H-P says their part number is 530398-001 but there is no information.

One of the lose SATA connectors (4 wires, orange doesn't seem to be needed) will carry the power.  The flat, red SATA cable I believe is data.  The board has three jacks labeled SATA1, 2 and 3.  One is for the HDD; one is for the DVD, and I want to use the third for the new SSD (Crucial MX300 275GB SATA 2.5" Internal).

Is this going to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EHJSGU

I had the same "truckee" motherboard in a HP 9280t.  I did use a SSD with the same motherboard.  You will have to remove the drive cage then use a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter bracket. The Crucial 275 GB or larger SSD will work with the HP recovery media if you want to use that option. Unplug the boot HD and then load the SSD using the HP recovery media. Once your recovery to the SSD is successful then swap SATA ports with the original HD and the SSD. At that point you can plug the original HD into a spare SATA port.

Your PC is electronically profiled with MS for W10 so you should be able to reinstall W10 from scratch if needed.

Another choice would be to use a bootable disk imaging tool and image the boot drive across to the SSD. Then swap the SATA data cables with the boot drive and the SSD.

You will need a SATA data cable and the adapter bracket as mentioned above.

One word of caution. Some of the newer SSDs may not work on older SATA technology. I used an OCZ Vertex III SSD.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@EHJSGU

I had the same "truckee" motherboard in a HP 9280t.  I did use a SSD with the same motherboard.  You will have to remove the drive cage then use a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter bracket. The Crucial 275 GB or larger SSD will work with the HP recovery media if you want to use that option. Unplug the boot HD and then load the SSD using the HP recovery media. Once your recovery to the SSD is successful then swap SATA ports with the original HD and the SSD. At that point you can plug the original HD into a spare SATA port.

Your PC is electronically profiled with MS for W10 so you should be able to reinstall W10 from scratch if needed.

Another choice would be to use a bootable disk imaging tool and image the boot drive across to the SSD. Then swap the SATA data cables with the boot drive and the SSD.

You will need a SATA data cable and the adapter bracket as mentioned above.

One word of caution. Some of the newer SSDs may not work on older SATA technology. I used an OCZ Vertex III SSD.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

beaten to it ...

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The forum was a great help in making the connections.

Now, how does the 2.5" SSD fit into the desktop?  Does the cage holding the DVD come out?  Are the the front panels removable?  Or do you just try to fit through the rear, with all the wires it's a tight fit although there are two blank spaces for extra dives. 

Plus using a 3.5" bracket you have to be able to get to the screws.

Thanks all.

HP Recommended

@EHJSGU

This video will show you how to access the drive cage. 

Once the 2.5" SSD is mounted on the 2.5" to 3.5" adapter bracket then mount the assembly just as you would a 3.5" hard drive.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I was looking at the other cage (DVD).  Now I am waiting for my new SSD (on back order).

HP Recommended

While I got the SSD installed, I can't get it as the boot device.  If the second internal drive is removed and the SSD is the only drive, all is good.  But as soon as the second drive is connected (tried two) the BIOS doesn't look for the SSD but the second drive, and I get error messages.

I have tried mightly with the BIOS and ESC and F10 but nothing will works.

Unless someone can help, I must remove the second drive and be happy with the 500GB SSD as my only drive..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.