Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 510-p030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Intel i3-6100T CPU in my PC is not compatible to the new Windows 11os upgrade and I want to know which is the best CPU socket 1151 upgrade I can do at a reasonable cost?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@harry2u 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-510-p000-desktop-pc-series/10734566/model/11715774/...

Motherboard supports

• TDP: 35 W
  • Socket type: LGA 1151
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Processor
    TDP
    Integrated Graphics
    Intel Core i7-6700T (Skylake) 2.8 GHz Quad Core
    35 W
    Intel HD Graphics (GT2)
    Intel Core i5-6400T (Skylake) 2.2 GHz Quad Core
    35 W
    Intel HD Graphics (GT2)
    Intel Core i3-6100T (Skylake) 3.2 GHz Dual Core
    35 W
    Intel HD Graphics 530
    Intel Pentium G4400T (Skylake) 2.9 GHz
    35 W
    Intel HD Graphics 510
    Intel Celeron G3900T (Skylake) 2.6 GHz
    35 W
    Intel HD Graphics 510

BIOS may support Intel Gen 7 CPU's but NOT Gen 8 which is required for Windows 11. You can keep Windows 10, Microsoft still supports Windows 10 few more years. I've got 8 laptops/notebooks and can only upgrade 4 to Windows 11.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @harry2u 

This does not necessarily mean you can't install W11 on your PC, but you would have to perform a clean install and reinstall all of your programs and files.

If you want to see if W11 works on your PC, you can make a bootable W11 USB installer from the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows11

See this article.  3rd headline from the bottom.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsofts-windows-11-how-to-get-it-now-or-later/?ftag=TREc64629f&bhid...

If for some reason, W11 does not work correctly on your PC, you can reinstall W10.

I currently have W11 clean installed on two PC's that I have, that do not meet the requirements for the W11 upgrade and they both work fine on W11 so far.

I used the free Macrium Reflect software to make system images of the W10 installation before I installed W11.

You may want to do the same. 

Make a system image using Macrium reflect, and if W11 doesn't work right, you can easily go back to your current W10 installation.

You save the image on a portable hard drive and the software will have you make a bootable USB flash drive or DVD you boot from to access the system image stored on the portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

You want the file listed on the left side of the webpage under the Backup at Home section.

HP Recommended

Hello
Warning @harry2u 

a bit of the same opinion as @banhien  here
For the moment, it is not clear enough, the user is not always aware of the consequences
We can tell you, that despite everything we can install windows 11
Only, it is not without risk ..
Microsoft, warns users, but it's not very explicit

Windows 11 on devices that don't meet minimum system requirements 
We risk having serious problems, probably updates, security problems, we do not really know what else

If the installation goes well for some, for others it can be complicated
Hp also might not provide any update:

HP PCs – Support for Windows 11 | HP® Customer Support

Think carefully, before taking the risk, see the experiences of other users, see if it can be interesting, or if you can wait to have a new computer later, 100% compatible!
Windows 10 remains one of the best systems, and can be used for quite a while.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.