Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp dc 7600 small form
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot_20200402-160531.png

Can i upgrade my cpu to core 2 deo or higher 

I wan to install windows 10 64 bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The best processor you can install in the dc7600 is the Pentium D 945, or if you need virtualization, the Pentium D 950.

Do you know what Pentium 4 processor you have in there? 

This one is already 64 bit capable, and is listed at the link below as one of the supported processors that the dc7600 could have come with.

Intel Pentium 4 640 Processor (3.2-GHz, 2-MB L2 cache, 800-MHz FSB)

https://nts.nl/site/html/modules/PDF/dc7600usdt.pdf

So, if all you want to do is to install W10 x64, you should be able to do that now, but I suggest that you max the memory out to 4 x 1 GB of PC2-5300 or PC2-6400 memory.

512 MB is not enough.  W10 requires a minimum of 2 GB of memory.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The best processor you can install in the dc7600 is the Pentium D 945, or if you need virtualization, the Pentium D 950.

Do you know what Pentium 4 processor you have in there? 

This one is already 64 bit capable, and is listed at the link below as one of the supported processors that the dc7600 could have come with.

Intel Pentium 4 640 Processor (3.2-GHz, 2-MB L2 cache, 800-MHz FSB)

https://nts.nl/site/html/modules/PDF/dc7600usdt.pdf

So, if all you want to do is to install W10 x64, you should be able to do that now, but I suggest that you max the memory out to 4 x 1 GB of PC2-5300 or PC2-6400 memory.

512 MB is not enough.  W10 requires a minimum of 2 GB of memory.

HP Recommended

20200402_171630.jpg

20200402_171345.jpg

Yes i have windows 10 32bit and 2.5 gb of ram  and when i try to install windows 10 64bit usin g my usb  its stack at the logo and no erreur code shows and after logn time it restarte again and again

HP Recommended

It should be working.

What happens if you download the W10 ISO file and burn it to a DVD instead?

Maybe it will work that way.

You can use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

If the processor your PC has was not 64 bit capable, you wouldn't even get that far.

So, if the DVD doesn't work, there is some other issue...what that could be, that I do not know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.