Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY 700-215xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Want to add EVGA GeForce GTX 950 to ENVY that was sold with a 300 Watt power supply. See posted need at least a 400 Watt replacement to supply the additional power to graphics card.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GarBear3 , welcome back to the Community.

It is normally recommended to buy a PSU that is 100W to 150W more than the manufacturer recommends for the video card you are installing.  I recommend a full-modular PSU because you only use the cables that are absolutely necessary to run the computer.  Here is a PSU that should work for you.

You should measure the current PSU and compare those measurements to the one that you choose.  If you don't want to buy the one in my link, it will give you a good idea of what you need.  The PSU is the backbone of the computer.  It is not the place to try to save money.  The computer needs clean, stable, power to run properly.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GarBear3 , welcome back to the Community.

It is normally recommended to buy a PSU that is 100W to 150W more than the manufacturer recommends for the video card you are installing.  I recommend a full-modular PSU because you only use the cables that are absolutely necessary to run the computer.  Here is a PSU that should work for you.

You should measure the current PSU and compare those measurements to the one that you choose.  If you don't want to buy the one in my link, it will give you a good idea of what you need.  The PSU is the backbone of the computer.  It is not the place to try to save money.  The computer needs clean, stable, power to run properly.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.