cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Karl2019
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrading GPU (2080Ti -> 3080Ti) on HP Obelisk 875-1128jp

HP Recommended
Obelisk 875-1128jp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I currently own a Obelisk 875-1128jp I bought last year.
I want to upgrade the GPU which is a RTX 2080Ti to a 3080Ti.
I tried searching around for information and couldn't get to understand if it is usable as I heard the connectors are different for the 3080Ti model like the 2080Ti needs two connectors from the Power Supply and the 3080Ti seems to need 3 connectors and requires more power. Later read the 3080Ti comes with a special adapter to solve this but couldn't get any official information, does anyone knows about this?

This Omen has a Cooler Master 750W 80 Plus Platinum ATX Power Supply PSU (L84096-003) which I guess would be fine to handle a 3080Ti, is this correct? My question is if this Omen PC is immediately upgradeable by just getting the 3080Ti and just changing the GPUs or not?
Thanks in advance HP Community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prométhée
Level 16
10,759 10,613 1,104 3,573
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
graphics card models vary depending on the manufacturer!
So, you will have to check the requirements for the chosen model, check if the power of your power supply is sufficient.
check the connectors available in the computer, and what is required for the model of the graphics card

also take into account the size indicate, compared to your original card, it must not be too big, risk not to fit, and / or overheating

once the graphics card is installed, you will need to use the latest drivers available
see the manufacturer's site, which sometimes offers these own drivers, or directly from nVidia

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button
Attention
A bios update is not without risk!
Be aware that if you are offered to do so, it will be at your own risk, the computer may become unusable, think about it

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Prométhée
Level 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
graphics card models vary depending on the manufacturer!
So, you will have to check the requirements for the chosen model, check if the power of your power supply is sufficient.
check the connectors available in the computer, and what is required for the model of the graphics card

also take into account the size indicate, compared to your original card, it must not be too big, risk not to fit, and / or overheating

once the graphics card is installed, you will need to use the latest drivers available
see the manufacturer's site, which sometimes offers these own drivers, or directly from nVidia

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Attention
Be aware that if you are offered to do so, it will be at your own risk, the computer may become unusable, think about it

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karl2019
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your clear answer. It was easy to understand.
Have a nice day. 

Prométhée
Level 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thx

very good day to you too

Attention

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation