Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0022na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've seen some responses related to upgrading a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0022na.

I currently have a GTX 1050ti, and was considering an upgrade to a GTX 1660.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this? Or if it is possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, I've managed to replace the 1050ti with a 1650 graphics card from Gigabyte (the mini version). Its a similar size to the 1050ti and fits into the chassis easily. Also doesnt need more power. It's a minor upgrade, but better than nothing.

However if anyone knows of a PSU upgrade, let me know.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The recommended PSU for that card is 450W and you have a 310W PSU. Also the GTX 1660 requires an 8 pin power connector which I don't believe your system has.

HP Recommended

Along with the recommendation of @JJOcean , the picture guide to change out the card shown in this guide starting on page 24

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05934592

seems to shown the card to be a short version.  Be sure to check available space for the card as well as changing out the power supply.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your responses - so the GTX 1050ti:

a) How many pins does my HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0022na have? Can you point me to an info source?

b) Within the limits of the existing PSU are there any cards which I can upgrade to?

c) Any recommendations as to what graphics card I could upgrade to (preferably Nividia) with these specs?

Hope you are all keeping well in the current isolation. I guess we've got little else to do.

HP Recommended

@Jon_Kingsbury   BTW: the GTX 1050ti is a fairly nice low power graphics card and is probably the best you can do under the circumstances.

I do not know about the pin number on the power supply, that is something you probably need to check by looking at any spare power leads.  Assuming you can find a different card that will fit in the available graphics card space but needs a power connection that you do not have, adapters might be able to solve that.  Are there any spare power leads at all on the existing PS?  That will still not give more power than the present 310W

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had a look at this graphics card (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 OC 4G Graphics Card) as it can fit into the PCIe slot. The PSU recommendation is 300W, so it avoids having to botch upgrading the PSU (which seems to be a SFF proprietary part). I'll have a look and see how it goes.

If anyone knows more then please let me know...

HP Recommended

Hi, I've managed to replace the 1050ti with a 1650 graphics card from Gigabyte (the mini version). Its a similar size to the 1050ti and fits into the chassis easily. Also doesnt need more power. It's a minor upgrade, but better than nothing.

However if anyone knows of a PSU upgrade, let me know.

HP Recommended

Good to know!!  Thanks for the info.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.