Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Very helpful, again! Useful to see it sitting on a similar motherboard.

My concern now is that it won't fit in under the drive cage, in which case I'll have to work out if I can find a low-profile after-market cooler that will fit into the space.

Best regards

HP Recommended

@amoeboid,

Well, the L30413-001 was designed to cool 95-watt Intel gen 8 processors fitted in the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF (Small Form Factor) Business PC, so unless your HP ProDesk 600 G3 is smaller than an SFF model, it should fit:

NonSequitur777_0-1672189155461.png

Link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06472102.pdf.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

It's the way the drive cage overhangs the CPU socket that I think may preclude my using this solution. Still, your endeavours have provided me with plenty of food for thought. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@amoeboid,

Yes indeed, the drives cage is a barrier of sorts.

This barrier -lower optical bay drive section to be precise, can easily be persuaded to be removed (flimsy stamped metal), by the way:

NonSequitur777_0-1672254395937.png

Leaving you with plenty of headspace to fit bigger CPU heatsinks:

NonSequitur777_1-1672254458303.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Dear Forum,

The first of two metal putty-like orders came in and prepped/applied this "SteelStik" product on the HP Z440 Workstation CPU Heatsink/Cooling Fan Combo (HP p/n: 749554-001), designed for an LGA 2011 socket, so the plan is to redrill the socket holes to fit an LGA1151 socket.

NonSequitur777_0-1672287602995.png

Will report back once the material has been cured, resanded, and redrilled.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Dear Forum,

Succeeded.  The Intel i7-7700K in this HP ProDesk 600 G3 MT is now cooled with a mighty (modified) HP Z440 Workstation CPU Heatsink/Cooling Fan Combo (HP p/n: 749554-001).  Took a bit more effort than I anticipated. The liquid metal/putty did not disappoint and worked fine but had to transfer the socket spring-bolts from the heatsink/fan combo I had installed earlier (made for the HP Z240 Tower Workstation, with HP p/n: 810281-001), and replaced the 0.40 amp 6-pin cooling fan for a standard 0.50 amp 4-pin PWM fan.

And in addition, @amoeboid, had to remove the internal drives bay altogether (Velcroed a tertiary SATA SSD drive on top of the 400-watt power supply), and had to move the added top-panel cooling fan from the inside to the outside of the tower.  The original stock CPU heatsink/cooling fan combo can be seen in the top left corner of the first picture:

NonSequitur777_0-1672313148340.png

NonSequitur777_0-1672312141761.png

NonSequitur777_1-1672312623016.png

Ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and noticed a further improvement in lowering CPU Cores temps (6°C ± 2°C), so this mod was worth-it in my opinion.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

At some point in the new year I'll get round to doing this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.