cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
nrowesn2
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrading Processor Option

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved 34-a010 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the product specifications page, I see under the processor (currently have a Intel i5-6400T) that there is a processor upgrade information section and it lists out an additional processor. The Intel Core i7-6700T.  I know my computer is 5 years old now and it's begging for some more speed.  I love my monitor as it's the biggest that is out there and don't want to buy new computer yet.  Would it be worth the effort to upgrade to the Core i7?  How much would I gain by doing so?  Cost I am aware of but if it buys me a few years, I'm willing.  Thanks !!!

1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
10,671 10,525 1,094 3,561
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
this is a fairly high cost, it significantly improves the speed of the computer, but after that it depends a little on the use which is made of it.
For a computer that is already at least 5 years old, I don't know if this is a good investment.

But for not too much money, you can upgrade it by replacing the mechanical drive with an SSD if possible.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-curved-34-a000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/8499667/mod...

but it's just a simple opinion

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button
Attention
A bios update is not without risk!
Be aware that if you are offered to do so, it will be at your own risk, the computer may become unusable, think about it

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation