Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello, I currently use a OMEN 30L Desktop. It currently has two Hyperx Fury 8GB Ram sticks, listed as
HP37D4U1S8ME-8XR
- Capacity: 8GB
- Type: DDR4
- Default clock speed: 3200MHz 

I need to upgrade my ram, but it seems these 8GB cards are no longer available anywhere. What are my options for upgrading? I am not very savvy with this stuff, so I would prefer something easy to install and use, but I don't know what is applicable for my desktop. Can anyone tell me what RAM sticks I should buy to increase my RAM, or if I do need to replace them all together, what should I use and how difficult is it to swap them out?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Guaranteed compatible upgrade memory for your desktop pc. See the hyperlink below.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp-compaq/omen-30l-gt13-1000a

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You would be better off replacing them. If you had identified your desktop with its product number, I could have possibly provided links to a 32GB upgrade at a lower cost.

There are some still available, but the price is quite high.

https://www.google.com/search?q=HP37D4U1S8ME-8XR&sca_esv=adfface043f3fd58&source=hp&ei=c5gqZqrGB_7Pk...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

HI! Sorry, I can give you my product number now, if you're still willing to help! I cant seem to figure out why, but the 3 numbers are x'ed out on all of the locations that list the product number, in my system information, my Omen dashboard, everywhere. Would you still be able to help me find the lower cost ones?

HP OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-1xxx.

HP Recommended

The only problem with HP Omen 30L desktop GT13-1XXX is that it does not contain a description of the platform of the motherboard.

The platform is either AMD or Intel.

Here are two ways to provide that HP product number.

Start the PC and immediately press the F10 key, that will invoke the BIOS.

In the BIOS, there is a system information section where the product number, also known as the SKU is shown.

Write that down  and press F10  and select  exit, ignoring changes.

Another method,  while logged into Windows,  is to type MSINFO in the search box. Click on the system information app that appears above. The ninth line should show the product number (SKU)

HP Recommended

The Sku is 399X9AA#ABA and the processor is Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

HP Recommended

Guaranteed compatible upgrade memory for your desktop pc. See the hyperlink below.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp-compaq/omen-30l-gt13-1000a

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! So if I buy the first one on that list, I should be able to just remove my current RAM sticks, and replace it with those and just be good to go?

HP Recommended

Yes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.