Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 690-0018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys so in my computer is a M.2 SSD of 128gb and then i have a 1tb hhd. I wanted to upgrade the SSD to 500gb, but was not sure how i go about it or if thats even worth doing? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mechanix82 , welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can upgrade your SSD to one with 512 GB.  Here are the SSD's that are recommended for your computer by Crucial Memory.  Also, here is the Upgrading and Servicing Guide.  Pages 18 thru 20 have instructions on removing and replacing the current M.2, SSD.  If you decide not to buy Crucial's product, you can use their specs to buy another brand.  I like Samsung products because they seem to work best with HP BIOS/UEFI.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.