Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i (491A7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, recently bought an Victus system. i want to swap out the RTX 3050 for an Intel Arc 770, but need more power connections Does the 500W psu have an 8+6pin connection on it, or do i need to custom make an psu for it?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@lord_nuker,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Your Victus By HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i (491A7AV) is fitted with either the 500-watt HP p/n: L77487-001 ("Power Supply - MT,500W WS20, 90% EFF, 12V 5OUT"), or the HP p/n: L89233-001 ("SKO-PSU 500W MT WS20 EPA90") -please verify.

According to: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/arc-a770.c3914, an Intel Arc A770 requires one 6-pin and one 8-pin PCIe power cables.

Your 500-watt power supply should come with two 6+2-PCIe power cables (please verify), so you should be fine with the PCIe power cables:

NonSequitur777_0-1676411386615.png

The only caveat is that the minimum recommended power supply for an Intel Arc A770 is listed at 550-watt.  However, since HP power supplies generally sport higher wattage yields, I think you should be fine with your 500-watt power supply.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi NonSequitur777

Interesting. New power supply part numbers for TG02 MBs.

I was wondering why HP discontinued older PSUs used on the TG01 systems. 500 watt PSU L05757-800 Power Supply

Looks to me to be new parts for similar MBs.

Did HP modify power supply connections on the TG02 MBs? Or did HP move to the new ATX12VO standard on certain TG02 MBs? The L77487-001 seems to support a 12 V spec. The L89233-001 does not show a 12 V spec? Very confusing! Does this suggest different power supply options dependent on bifurcated MBs?

Are the new HP power supplies backwards compatible with the TG01  MBs? Last time I checked it is not possible to buy the old TG01 PSUs at the HP parts store.

Just checking to see if users can use only one, or both, or none of the new PSUs on TG01 MBs.

The new TG02 PSUs are not available at the HP Parts store at this time.

HP Recommended

@Bill_To,

The new TG02 / Z2 G5 TWR 500-watt HP L89233-001 power supply has a considerably smaller footprint than the HP L05757-800:

NonSequitur777_0-1676429042870.png

Given the absence of online retrievable specs for both power supplies, it is unclear to me if these power supplies are mutually compatible -specifically regarding the "P2" power connector.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi NonSequitur777

Thanks for the info.

Okay, no backwards compatibility with TG01.

The L77487-001 seems to support the new ATX12VO spec. The L89233-001, not so much.

MB bifurcation may be occurring. Two 500 watt PSUs available for similar HP products seems to suggest this.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Yeah, have to take a new look, my instore spec sheet said 400w psu🤔

HP Recommended

@lord_nuker,

Please check, you definitely do not want to go below a 500-watt power supply with an Intel Arc 770.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Yeah, i know. Have to check when im back home from work. In worst case i just have to hotwire a new psu to the gpu, while using the HP one to power the rest of the system. So RTX 4090 it is🤣 Don't worry, just kidding about the last part.

HP Recommended

@NonSequitur777 

Just checked, its an 400W PSU. But instead of replacing it, i have looked at other solutions that might not be HP approved. Anyways, thanks for the feedback

HP Recommended

hi

@lord_nuker 

be careful if your computer is new you risk losing the warranty in the event of a problem

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer/?searchtext=33T61AA&searchby=product

MOTHERBOARD RENO2 INTEL ADL-S H670 WINDOWS

L89233-001
SKO-PSU 500W MT WS20 EPA90

NVIDIA GeForce RTX3060 12GB GDDR6 FH

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c08323041

img
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.