Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp p6709c
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi so I recently bought a Asus GeForce gtx 950, I also did change the power supply to a corsair cx600, however the issue I'm having is after plugging everything in my computer seems to just freeze at the hp logo. I read up somewhere that I have to disable secure boot however my bios dose not have that option and it's been updated to the latest version. So I was wondering if there is anyway to solve this if not,then what graphic cards will my motherboard be able to support as I am buying the graphic card to play overwatch at a decent quality and frame rate
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Cakencandlez.  Thank you for the additional information.

The recommended video cards for Overwatch are the nVidia GTX 660 and the AMD Radeon HD 7950 of better.  I believe the GTX 660 would be good.  You should measure the space where the card will be installed to assure that it will fit.  Measure from the Back I/O plated to the front of the case.  The card is 9.5" in length.  I believe that it will fit, but it will be very tight.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Cakencandlez, welcome to the forum.

You are having problems because the video card requires UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  There is no way to upgrade the motherboard to UEFI.  The last video cards to not require UEFI are the GTX 660 / 670's.  Secure boot wasn't included in Win 7.  It comes in Win 8 and later.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
Oh I see ok ok then what graphics card will I be able to use to play overwatch the minimum was gtx 460 and thank you for the reply much appreciated !!
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Cakencandlez.  Thank you for the additional information.

The recommended video cards for Overwatch are the nVidia GTX 660 and the AMD Radeon HD 7950 of better.  I believe the GTX 660 would be good.  You should measure the space where the card will be installed to assure that it will fit.  Measure from the Back I/O plated to the front of the case.  The card is 9.5" in length.  I believe that it will fit, but it will be very tight.

HP Recommended
Ah I see ok ok thank you so much for the advice and help much apprreciated !!!
HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Cakencandlez.

HP Recommended
Hey old_geekster I was reading up somewhere that the gtx 750 works on the non-uefi motherboards so I was wondering if the 750 would work or not just wondering. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2374892/gtx-750ti-require-uefi.html
HP Recommended

@Cakencandlez This has not been the experience on the Forums.  There have been many members who have tried to use a GTX 750 without success.  The answer in the link that you provided was not exactly correct.  In fact, EVGA's Tech Support has told me several times that it won't work with a Legacy BIOS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.