cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Eric_BE
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrading memory on a G5345BE

HP Recommended
G5345BE (MS7613-IONA GL8E)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

A friend has given me a G5345GE with 4GB of ram (original HP, dual 2GB).

It's got an I3 550 3.2GHz CPU in it (original).

The bios has been upgraded to 6.18.

I've bought 2x corsair 4GB DDR3 PC1333 Unbuffered/non registered to upgrade (respecting dual channel etc.).

The motherboard specs of HP say it can handle up to 16GB of RAM and the memory is of the right specs, 

but still the additional memory is not accepted (also not stand-alone) and the PC crashes during bios-boot.

According to the Intel processor specs the CPU is not the limitation either

When I change the bios in recovery/non recovery mode, it does recognize the RAM, but the system gets unstable.  

When I tried to install windows 10, it complains that the system is overclocked (which it isn't) and halts/reboots.

When I remove the additional corsair everything's fine again (so I haven't destroyed something in the testing process), but I would like to use the additional 8GB and start 2021 with a decent amount of RAM on this PC.

How can this be solved?

Thanks for your help!

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eric_BE
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

From a friend I've received DDR3 memory from Crucial, several different types, voltages, sizes, speeds.

He uses Crucial to upgrade older computers and most of the time it works with these.

Unfortunately for my HP, it doesn't. Believe me, I've tried.

I thank you for your support, but I've given up.

I've installed Ubuntu on it, which is less memory hungry then windows 10.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
138,050 92,712 21,309 28,635
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Eric:

It is very hard to find the right memory for HP PC's with the Intel series 5 chipsets.

This is the memory I used in my PC's with that chipset in the past.

See if you can get this memory in Belgium.

Patriot Signature 4 GB PC3-10600 (1333 MHz) DDR3 Desktop Memory PSD34G13332 at Amazon.com

Eric_BE
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Do you happen to know, what is the difference of the corsair with these patriots?

They're also CAS 9 and 1.5V. The DDR3 pair of corsair that I've bought have the same specs

which doesn't seem to work.

Eric_BE_0-1609585840218.png

In the PC the original DDR3 are hynix HMT125U6TFR8C-H9 NO AA-C (2x2GB) and

these have the same timings (1333-9/9/9-1.5V) as the corsair and I'm using them on the other memory channel,

so what might be causing the problem?

Best regards,

Eric

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Eric:

The only thing I can think of is the Corsair memory you are using is not a low enough density, and these PC's have to use low density memory.

Memory is plug and play.  It works or it doesn't.   

You can't fix whatever issues you are having with the memory you purchased.

Eric_BE
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

From a friend I've received DDR3 memory from Crucial, several different types, voltages, sizes, speeds.

He uses Crucial to upgrade older computers and most of the time it works with these.

Unfortunately for my HP, it doesn't. Believe me, I've tried.

I thank you for your support, but I've given up.

I've installed Ubuntu on it, which is less memory hungry then windows 10.

View solution in original post

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you can ever can get your hands on the brand memory I posted, I am very sure it will work.

Eric_BE
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I think you're right.

I've found info on a Intel H55 chipset motherboard with LGA1156 (comparable to the H57 motherboard I'm struggling with) and it says that the max DDR3 mem it accepts per slot are 4GB, but then this must consist of 16 chips, which sounds like the limitation that's probably causing me this trouble.

You know the funny part not yet: The motherboard even recognized 8GB DDR3 in slot 1 and 3, if the slot 2 and 4 contained the original memory. The only thing was that it was just as unstable as with all the other mem config's within the norms in slot 1 and 3. Other combinations al led to the motherboard complaining no RAM to be present, even with the original ram in 1 and 3 and xtra RAM in 2 and 4, so these banks are not equally treated by this motherboard apparantly .

Thanks & CU !

Eric

Best regards,

Eric

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation