Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 750-417c - tower - Core i5 6400 2.7 GHz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 crushes my i5 2.7 GHz cpu.  Can I upgrade the CPU, or would I have to either upgrade the motherboard or to I need to go with a newer system altogether?

Sorry if this is not the correct forum, but I couldn't find a discussion for the desktop tower.

SMP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Its not the CPU getting crushed its the video card (GPU). You have merely Intel integrated video  which will not meet the rather stiff requirements for Flight Sim 2020. There is a slot for a PCie video card and that model series was offered with up to a GeForce 730, but the 300w power supply is going to prevent you from installing a video card capable of playing Flight Sim. You need at least a GeForce 770, and that is minimum so really you need better than that. We are talking about a gaming machine, basically, 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.