cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Truthdesire
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrading power supply from 180 watt to 550watt

HP Recommended
HP M01 M01-F0302in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My cpu contains 180 watt psu ,i want to upgrade it to 550 watt, i want the 24 pin to 4 pin solution, or atleast diagram of 4 pin of psu so i will make it myself 

1 REPLY 1
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,058 40 105
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PC has 180watt CPU  is not a PC ok? sorry CPU is huge chip, only. and confusing to helpers.😂

HP does not spec out any PSU.. just watts and line voltage.(AC)

nor does HP spec out jacks, at all. (theirs that are not industry spec are a secret,  power , and panel jacks and such)

yes they sell adapters on ebay. (for old PCs only due to long years of hacking by folks)

but none from this PC  , as nobody has hacked this  PSU yet . your PC is in INDIA  and  has INDIA PSU.

hp # p/n  L08660-800

zero spec PSU that is, 

here is my HP generic answer told many times. again. for you too, and sorry for your pain of OEM secrets....😁

PSU at all OEMs like this have custom pins and features, not seen on ATX page STD specs.

• has fan controls? so PC can make less NOISE !
  • has PSU thermal sensors  to protect PC more.
  • has +12vdc  standby voltage not correct +5vSTBY used on all ATX  PSU.
  • has other features not told or discovered yet by hackers. (you want to volunteer?

why not learn to hack and tell me.? 😎

see that 7 pin connector that screams CUSTOM feature to me,. did not see that?

Ebay has 6pin thin jack  (SIP type) see? 6pin is for old PC , inline connector seen at 7 below. sip =single inline pin  jack.

if hacked wrong you blow up the mobo and all chips or worse. all sdd and more. boom smoke and not happy.😂

india.jpg

sure yellow is 12vdc. sure. and some black are ground sure. but not all wires are known for sure the 7 pin scary one.

scare =  smoke and thin wallet fast. 

zero spec, zero schematic even the pin names are a secret.  (harkers love secrets and time will solve most of this)

NO warranty answers by me.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation