Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen GT13-0024 (Omen 30L)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I currently purchased a GT13-0024 Omen PC and it is a great setup! However the main drawback of this computer is it's stock cooling setup. I did a little research and found that this Ryzen series tends to be bundled with a Raid Prism cooler which is form-fit for this kind of processor. The round heat sink included as stock is not a perfect match.

I decided to amend this situation. However I also found out that the Moria3 motherboard included in this desktop lacks AM4 retention brackets as well as the standard RBG connector. If I were to upgrade to the Ryzen 3900x then I would only be able to fit the processor and not the cooling. This is even more troubling when looking for a proper liquid cooling solution as the brackets are missing and the setup is not a standard AM4, making this motherboard very incompatible. 

What can be done? What are the full specs of this Moria3 motherboard? I only found a short document explaining the sockets available.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have the GT13-0014 and I just tried installing the Noctua NH-U9S (w/2 92mm fans) air cooler and everything looked fine but the 4 bolts that came with the Noctua kit were too big in diameter. I couldn't reuse the bolts from the stock cooler. I'm trying to figure out what size bolts I need but other than that it looks like it should all go together.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.