Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0685no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does the samsung evo 970 plus 500gb fit in any of the expoansion slots on the 8643 motherboard? samsung evo is M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4. Sorry if this is a bother but I don't know a lot about these things haven't found a clear answer and need one quite urgently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See this discussion...the Erika motherboard your PC has supports NVMe drives, but apparently a PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD will only run at half the rated speed.

M.2 Slot - HP Support Community - 7856653

Specs on your model PC...

HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0685no Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Still...a NVMe SSD is faster than a SATA SSD.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See this discussion...the Erika motherboard your PC has supports NVMe drives, but apparently a PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD will only run at half the rated speed.

M.2 Slot - HP Support Community - 7856653

Specs on your model PC...

HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0685no Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Still...a NVMe SSD is faster than a SATA SSD.

HP Recommended

Hey sorry again but can I add a second NVMe ssd to this pc? the specs say there is one compatible expansion slot but I can't find one on the motherboard. Did I misunderstand something?

HP Recommended

Hi:

There are two M.2 slots...one for a SSD, and one for the M.2 wireless network adapter, which is occupied.

The specs indicate that it came with a SSD (which I didn't notice before), so that slot is occupied already.

You would not be able to install a SSD in the wifi card M.2 slot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.