Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G3
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

I have a HP EliteDesk 800 G3. Just bought it.  CD drive does not have an eject button. By pressing on the drive it does not open. Is there a keyb oard shortcut I can use to oen and close the device? Thank you. Win10.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you sure it has an Optical Disc Drive ? I can't find it on the following manual

https://www.itouchbiometrics.com/Manuals/HP_G3.pdf

If yes it has, please try to use Windows Explorer

(a) Right click

(b) Select reject.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, I m sure. Been long in computers and never saw a high quality computer with such a poor quality drive. Still, I was able to open it. Now I will be looking for A utility to do opening and closing. Thanks for yoru help

HP Recommended

Hi,

XP ?  I don't think so. You must be joking.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

For all the people who would like to know how to open a CD tray like mine that does not open on its own....

I searched long enough and finally I was rewarded!

If you are using WIN10 here is the shortcut:  CTRL+SHIFT+O (this is letter "o" for open) not numeral 0.

Best wishes to all for a safe and peaceful Labor Day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.