Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TG02-0366qd
Microsoft Windows 11

Just purchased the Victus 15L TG02-0366qd. I'm looking to immediately upgrade the 16GB of memory it has to 32GB and am seeking advice / options for what would work well. I've never done this, but it seems as if the highest speed RAM the motherboard can run is DDR4-3200. Admittedly, I don't understand nearly enough, so I was hoping for some insight and suggestions. Looks like the price point for 2 16gb higher end ram modules of this type and speed is 100-150$, which is fine. I just want to make sure I get what I should / need. Thanks in advance for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @cghorr01 

Your PC has a RTX 3060 and a 500 watt power supply, this is good.

You can do 32 GBs of RAM but I don't think your MB can do XMP. HP seems to be using 1.2 V memory sticks. So a RAM upgrade on an Intel MB may have a RAM limit of 2666 or lower.

HP offers up to two 16 GB sticks of memory on some customizable TG02 PCs. I did not see this option for your PC. Also checked HP Parts Surfer using a similar HP product offering the 32 GB memory upgrade. HP was not offering 16 GB memory sticks at 3200. The max was 8 GBs of RAM @ 3200 per stick.

Check this YouTube video. Scroll down. Select "Show more". G. Skill, TeamGroup 1.2 V, and Hynix memory brands seem to be compatible but may not run at 3200.

It is not clear if any modules ran at 3200.

Crucial Memory also have a 1.2 V 2x16 GB memory kit @3200:

• CT2K16G4DFRA32A

• Configuration ID: CT23830245

HP Recommended

Windows task manager shows the current 16gb of Ram at 3200, althought I'm unsure of how to verify it's actually running at that speed. If HP builds them in 2 16gb configurations, can't I just buy the ram from them if the motherboard actually recognizes it properly and allows 3200mhz operation? As far as I've read, because XMP can't be enabled in the system BIOS, all aftermarket ram runs at DDR4 default speeds. I keep trying to figure out how to actually verify definitively what the current ram is running at in terms of speed but come up with nothing other than look in performance in task manager.

HP Recommended

Hi @cghorr01 

Windows talks to the MB. The MB is reporting 16 GBs of RAM at 3200. Can't see any reason why Task Manager would report incorrect information.

HP does not normally include BIOS XMP/DOCP settings in the Intel and AMD MBs manufactured for their PCs. HP is including memory module info in the BIOS to allow higher transfer rates on specific memory modules manufactured for some HP MBs.

I think some newer 45L PCs have XMP.

Try CPU-Z. Download the 32/64 bit Zip version. Look at the SPD and Memory tabs for memory specs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.