Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am editing video much more than I thought and I need to give the system a boost as a lot of glitching is going on with videos under 5 minutes; quite a bit of graphics though (images, title cards, etc.). 

More RAM (how much) or better graphics card?  Also, I am basically computer illiterate.  Thank you for any advice.

Current System:

System1.jpgSystem2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

It depends on what program you use to edit. It's also best to get in contact with the developers of said program and ask them what resources are used during compilation.

Good luck

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

It depends on what program you use to edit. It's also best to get in contact with the developers of said program and ask them what resources are used during compilation.

Good luck

HP Recommended

Great advice, thank you.  I am using Camtasia.  Yes I know, it's the preschool of video editing applications.  But it suits my needs and the learning curve is pretty easy.  I will check with them and give them my specs.  Thank you again for the quick reply.

HP Recommended

I tried a much improved graphics card (Nvidia GeForece GTX 1050 Ti XLR8) and it did nothing.  I am told that video editing software relies on CPU processing speed much more than GPU speed wich is for 3D (4D?) graphics for gaming.  My next move is to improve the ram from 8GB to 16GB and possibly move to an i5 quad core rather than dual core processor which is what Camtasia recommends:

• 2.0 GHz CPU with dual-core processor minimum (Recommended: Quad-core i5 processor or better)

my dual core runs at 3.1 GHz and I've got an old quad core that runs at only 2.66 GHz coming so I doubt it will improve the performance much unless the mere fact that there are 4 processors rather than 2 will make the difference.

Thank you again for your responses.  I learn a tiny bit each time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.