Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can i put a video card in this machine to help the i7 6700 cpu?  If so im not sure what type to look for..Thank you if you can help..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It seems like there are a few models with the Prodesk 600 G2 name for some reason.

Some are book sized and others are MicroATX sized. You can upgrade the MicroATX ones.

I'm going to guess it's the one in this guide.

I assume it has some expansion slots on the back of the case? There should be four in total.

If so, yes, you can install a graphics card into the PC.

It will have to be a half-height graphics card. Luckily, there are some decent ones that have been released recently.

There's some NVidia GTX 1050 and 1050Ti cards that can run games pretty well. I assume that's what you're looking to install a graphics card for?

There are also AMD RX 240 half height cards available, but those are low end cards.

Here are some links to these cards on Newegg (although I encourage shopping around)

NVidia GTX 1050

NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (slightly faster than 1050)

AMD RX 240

All three of these are just slightly longer than the PCIe x16 slot, so I don't think they should interfere with the drive cage in the system.

These half height cards should include a half-height cover. Just unscrew the full-length one and replace it with the shorter one.

These graphics cards should also not require and any additional power connectors and get their power from the motherboard.

All you have to do is take the side of the case off the PC, remove the expansion lane covers on the back of the PC, then insert the graphics card into the PCIe x16 slot (the longest one, refer to the manual), and place the case back on. Hopefully that should work. Please message back if you need further help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It seems like there are a few models with the Prodesk 600 G2 name for some reason.

Some are book sized and others are MicroATX sized. You can upgrade the MicroATX ones.

I'm going to guess it's the one in this guide.

I assume it has some expansion slots on the back of the case? There should be four in total.

If so, yes, you can install a graphics card into the PC.

It will have to be a half-height graphics card. Luckily, there are some decent ones that have been released recently.

There's some NVidia GTX 1050 and 1050Ti cards that can run games pretty well. I assume that's what you're looking to install a graphics card for?

There are also AMD RX 240 half height cards available, but those are low end cards.

Here are some links to these cards on Newegg (although I encourage shopping around)

NVidia GTX 1050

NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (slightly faster than 1050)

AMD RX 240

All three of these are just slightly longer than the PCIe x16 slot, so I don't think they should interfere with the drive cage in the system.

These half height cards should include a half-height cover. Just unscrew the full-length one and replace it with the shorter one.

These graphics cards should also not require and any additional power connectors and get their power from the motherboard.

All you have to do is take the side of the case off the PC, remove the expansion lane covers on the back of the PC, then insert the graphics card into the PCIe x16 slot (the longest one, refer to the manual), and place the case back on. Hopefully that should work. Please message back if you need further help.

HP Recommended

I try plugin GTX 1050 ti in to HP 600 G2 but I have the trouble. The front USB connector is interfere do it. What I can do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.