Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi, Rien:

I doubt that you will be able to fix it.

There has always been a problem with upgrading any HP notebook with the IDT audio to W10 or W11.

That is because there is only one 'real' W10 notebook IDT audio driver that was ever released for W10, and that was for the HP 242 G2 notebook.

The good news is that driver works on some HP notebooks with the IDT audio, but not on most of the HP Elitebooks and Probooks with the IDT audio.

You can try it, but don't get your hopes up.

Driver - HP 242 G2 Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

I was lucky that the above driver happened to work for my HP 350 G1 which also has the IDT audio chip, and I am running W11 on that model as well.

For some reason, it set the PC headphones as the default audio output, but all had to do was to change that back to the PC speakers in the Windows control panel.

On most HP business notebooks trying to install the above driver results in a 'this platform is not supported' error.

HP Recommended

hx Paul,

indeed, the installation of the IDT driver was terminated by the software as you expected. Thanks for your efforts!

Best, Rien

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that the W10 IDT audio driver didn't work for your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.