cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HankyPlanky
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Want the need to continue to require pressing the FN to get say F8 on an HP All in one PC

HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-df0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried the BIOS>Action Keys but not available in this machine's BIOS and see repeated HP Employee directions to do that as well as many asking how to allow the Functions F1 through F10 without first having to press FN.
This is so tiresome when working with Excel Macros and using F5, F8, F9 etc that I am considering looking for a new machine.
Comments like its by design may be a reason the FN is needed but definitely a problem that I and many seem to be having.
Do you have a solution other than getting another PC that allow direct F1-F10 usage?

Thanks Hank

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
Retired
Retired
22,744 22,731 1,371 1,398
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HankyPlanky

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Mostly Consumer PCs don't have the option to disable / enable Action keys in BIOS and this is by design

Thank  you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation