Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All in One(24-b214)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a way to upgrade the Graphics on this without voiding my warranty? I would love to upgrade to a GTX 1050ti or 1060 6gb, but the integrated graphics are very horrible.

People have told me to get someone from HP to do it, but it will be costly. I'm saving up for the graphics card itself and with the BitCoin mining craze going around GPU Prices have skyrocketed over the past few months.

If you have any ideas, please tell me! 

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@ixExactlyy

Sorry, no, you can't upgrade GPU on your machine. Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05429115

It does NOT have any slot which is suitable for a MXM video card and it won't accept desktop video cards physically.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi

To the best of my knowledge it is not possible to install a graphics card on your PC's motherboard.

It may be possible to use an external graphics card by connecting to USB 3.0 or USB Type C port using an adapter.

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your PC is not suitable for bit coin mining.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks! I'll try an eGPU

HP Recommended

I'm not trying to mine bitcoin.

HP Recommended

Don't mention Bitcoin in your first post and you won't get the answer that your PC is not suitable for Bitcoin mining.

Depending on your video requirements, you could upgrade the processor. If it's gaming, then forget it.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Does it work.   i mean External GPU

HP Recommended

@HatimJamali 

It does not have any port which is fast enough for an eGPU.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@HatimJamali,

You should create a NEW post when asking your question. To hi-jack a message that is over 12monthes old creates a problem. It wrecks the continuity of the message base, and degrades the merit system, aka Solution factor, which can only be rendered by the original OP from more than 12 months ago.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.