Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen10
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

I am trying to install a DVD ROM drive and it didnt come with a cable. Trying to figure out what cable to buy.  

Part No: 1977217A-42

edited*

HP P/N: 461640-932

Its a 9.5mm SATA DVD 481430-001

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The first two part numbers come up as Not Assigned.

The DVD Sata drive should use a regular Sata data cable and you should be able to see that if you look on the back of the drive. Your Proliant should have a Sata port on the motherboard for it to plug into.

proliant server sata port.JPG

You will have to determine what length of cable you will need to attach it with.

Let me know if thats what you needed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The first two part numbers come up as Not Assigned.

The DVD Sata drive should use a regular Sata data cable and you should be able to see that if you look on the back of the drive. Your Proliant should have a Sata port on the motherboard for it to plug into.

proliant server sata port.JPG

You will have to determine what length of cable you will need to attach it with.

Let me know if thats what you needed.

HP Recommended

I feel confident in the SATA cable end that plugs into the motherboard, but I am not sure about the end that plugs into the DVD ROM.  Attached is a pic of the end.  DVDROM.jpg

HP Recommended

Yes that is a sata connection also

HP Recommended

Ill also add... The short side is the data connection. The longer side is the sata power connection that comes from the power supply.

HP Recommended

Ahhh, so there are two connections into the DVD ROM (motherboard and power supply) ?

HP Recommended

Yes. Two separate connections. Sata data cable alone does not supply power. The power cable will be from the power supply directly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.