Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop PC M01-F1000a (2W898AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I just purchased an HP M01-F1124 Desktop PC  (Product No. 1J7P8AA#ABA ) and discovered it does not have a CD/DVD drive installed (Optical Disk Drive), yet there is a slot on the case. I searched on the internet and found two possible Optical Disk Drives which may be compatible. 

853885-800  (DVD - ODD Dvdsm 9.5 Slim TRAY Razr)  - or -

L71791-001 (ODD with Bezel, Watson)

I'm assuming I need one with a front "bezel"? I think only the L71791-001 has a front bezel? I am unsure. 853885-800 is only $20-$30, but the L71791-001 is $70-$90.

Per the image below, you can see there is a space for the Optical Disk Drive - so perhaps I don't need a front bezel???

Can anyone confirm these are compatible and which to purchase? Also, do these write dvds? Internet searches are yeilding virtually no pictures or product descriptions.

P.S. I want an internal ODD - not one I connect via USB.

P.S.S. HP is labeling my new computer as an MO1-F1000a and not MO1-F1224 - sticker on computer says MO1-F1224, Online Store said it was MO1-F1224 - so I have another "mystery" on that as well.

mo1-f1224.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The first part number you listed definitely is the right part, but if you look at the parts list for the M01-F1100 model sold in Germany that comes with a DVD, it does not indicate that the drive comes with a bezel.

HP PartSurfer

The drive is used in multiple HP PC's but the bezels would be different on the ones that I see on eBay.

853885-800: Search Result | eBay

One has no bezel.

I think you are going to have a hard time finding one with a bezel that matches your PC's case.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The first part number you listed definitely is the right part, but if you look at the parts list for the M01-F1100 model sold in Germany that comes with a DVD, it does not indicate that the drive comes with a bezel.

HP PartSurfer

The drive is used in multiple HP PC's but the bezels would be different on the ones that I see on eBay.

853885-800: Search Result | eBay

One has no bezel.

I think you are going to have a hard time finding one with a bezel that matches your PC's case.

HP Recommended

Thank you, You have been very helpful. Based on your input, I bought the L71791-001 - which includes the front bezel that matches the computer outer case. I found it on www.impactcomputers.com for $79.58 plus tax and $10.00 shipping. They showed 3 in stock. It is also available on newegg.com for about the same when you include shipping & tax. See image included with this reply.

I found a video on how to install it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odmuzSaFjPc

I'm still unsure if this ODD can write ("burn") disks, but I guess I will find out soon. I'm crossing my fingers it will work out!V33XD210814ACWOR.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully it will for that price.

When you look up that part number on the HP parts store and parts surfer list, it only indicates it is the CHASSIS PLASTICS PARTS

HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - Compaq Parts

HP PartSurfer

But when you click on the picture in the second link, it does show a DVD drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.