Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp prodesk 400 G1 mt

I have an HP prodesk 400 g1 mt with an Intel i5-4750 And 8GB ram, I wanted to add a graphics card to my PC like for example a GTX 1050 ti 4GB but I don't know if this is compatible with my motherboard and cpu and if it is do I need to buy another power supply or will it work with the 260watt power supply in my prodesk. Please help me out, thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The powersupply will be ok...as long as my computer has a GTX 1060 with 310W PSU....

But i am not sure that your motherboard will be compatible with the card...Do you have the latest BIOS installed? 

As there are many compatibility problems with Hp motherboards...and they dont provide new BIOS to support more devices...specially on a pc that age....

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.