Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY Phoenix 810-370st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a ENVY Phoenix 810-370st with the following hardware:

• Motherboard - Pittsburgh 2  IPIWB-PB
  • Graphics card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 745
  • Processor - Intel  i7-4820 CPU@ 3.7 GHz (8 CPUs)
  • BIOS - 8.20
  • Memory - 32 GB RAM
  • PSU - 500W
  • OS - Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Due to a recent purchase of Flight Simulator 2020, I would like to upgrade my graphics card but am unsure if my present system could handle a graphics card upgrade. If so, what would be the maximum upgrade without purchasing  additional hardware, i.e. new motherboard, PSU, etc. I don't really want to change any other hardware if I can help it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jastaff 

Your machine has 500W PSU, the GTX 1070 card should work as the following happy member

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Envy-Phoenix-810-493d-gpu-up...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.