Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 6300 and HP 8300
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've been buying a new CASE, but I don't really know which one should I go for. So, I would like to get some help. Which CASE should I get HP 6300 or HP 8300? I want to know which one is better and which one can handle the better CPU I'm aiming to buy any of these then upgrade the CPU to Intel core i7xxxx.

I'd appreciate it if someone told me which one should I buy and which CPU can I get so far (the best one for sure).
Sorry if this thread sounded spoonfeeding; I just don't have enough knowledge in Hardware, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Interesting...

Looks like it will work then.

Personally, I would go with the MT or CMT form factors, as they come with 320W power supplies, and there is more room for air to circulate inside the case.

The SFF only has a 240W power supply.  The video shows the 1030 only draws 30 watts so, that isn't bad at all.

I would assume the 1030 is a newer model than my 730 that is in my 8200 Elite CMT.

And yes, the 8200 and 8300 have the same case designs,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The HP 8300 Elite is a slightly better model.  It has a slightly better chipset.  Either model uses the same processor.

You can compare the specs for each below...including the supported processors.

8300 Elite:

http://shop.itema-pg.com/userfiles/editor/file/HPCompaqElite8300BusinessPCDec2012.pdf

6300 Pro:

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/HP%20Compaq%20Pro%206300%20Series%20Business%20PC%20Quick%20...

HP Recommended

Thanks, helped alot.

One more and last question, Would you recommend me to have HP ELITE 8300 (Intel® Core™ i7-3770 Processor, GTX 1030-1050, 8GB RAM, 500GB) and would it be good in gaming?

edit: I'm just making sure and taking your opinion

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you are buying one equipped like that, yes, I think that would be a very good performing PC.

But if you plan to purchase that video card I don't know if it is supported in your model.

You need to make sure the card will work with the power supply and doesn't require supplemental power because the 8300 Elite does not have any supplemental power leads for graphics cards.  All the power is supplied by the PCIe x16 slot.

I only know the list of supported graphics cards from the spec sheet.

I have a GT 730 in my 8200 Elite, and it works fine, even though that card isn't listed as one of the supported video cards.

I knew it would work with the 320W P/S in the PC.

HP Recommended

Hello again.

I've been looking in youtube and in the forums and it looks like I can have it on the same CASE, would you mind please checking those links, just have a look.

Youtube Video
Forum Link

Sounds Pretty Awful.

HP Recommended

Interesting...

Looks like it will work then.

Personally, I would go with the MT or CMT form factors, as they come with 320W power supplies, and there is more room for air to circulate inside the case.

The SFF only has a 240W power supply.  The video shows the 1030 only draws 30 watts so, that isn't bad at all.

I would assume the 1030 is a newer model than my 730 that is in my 8200 Elite CMT.

And yes, the 8200 and 8300 have the same case designs,

HP Recommended

After watching the video, I decided to go out and by the nVidia GT 1030 and it worked just fine in my 8200 Elite.

Then I took the GT 730 and put it in my other 8200 Elite.

So, the GT 1030 should also work just fine in the 8300 Elite too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.