Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 22-c1006na with Ryzen 3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have recently brought a HP all in one with a Ryzen CPU. PC is fine, does exactly what we needed as a family. My only issues is the CPU fan has a constant whine, it goes up and down, not the speed, the sound, its hard to explain. Louder and quieter, louder and quieter. When its under stress the speed ramps up but this whine is at idle.

Is this normal and do I just need to get used to it. I would take it back into Curry but they are shut due to the COVID19 outbreak. Cant be without this pc at the mo and my wife is working from home. Should I be concern about this noise of is this a HP/Ryzen thing?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That is a Ryzen thing. They tend to have noisy CPU fan/cooler assemblies. I had a system with a Ryzen 5 2600X and it was acceptable most of the time but my new system with a Ryzen 7 2700X was unbearably loud. I ended up replacing the whole cooling assembly. I believe there may be a BIOS setting for the fan which may help with the noise. Have a look at this page. Also this HP support page may help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.