Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
AH0G wireless keyboard

I have a brand new AH0G Envy wireless keyboard, part of a brand new 600-a010 Pavilion Wave desktop. When I first took the keyboard out of the box I plugged it in to charge, and managed to get a few hours of use out of it before the LED went out and it stopped working. Now when I turn the keyboard on, the LED illuminates for 1-2sec then goes out. It appears I'm unable to charge the keyboard.

The instructions say to charge the keyboard simply plug it into any USB charging port. I have tried it in at least 6 different USB charging ports on two different PCs and 2 different 'wall-wart' chargers, and left it plugged in overnight - all without success. All of the USB charging ports sucessfully charge orhter devices.

Is this brand new keyboard defective, or can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What a Noob. I wrongly thought the white LED was an 'ON' indicator, and convinced myself that when it went out the keyboard had stopped working (I guess due to poor signal). In reality, the white LED appears to be a charging indicator, and it goes out when it's fully charged. So keyboard actually appears to be working fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

What a Noob. I wrongly thought the white LED was an 'ON' indicator, and convinced myself that when it went out the keyboard had stopped working (I guess due to poor signal). In reality, the white LED appears to be a charging indicator, and it goes out when it's fully charged. So keyboard actually appears to be working fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.