Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Omen By HP Obelisk 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so when I power on my pc the mother board make 3 long beep noises and then 2 short beeps, the led strip lights up and the fans work, but it won't display or boot into bios

I7 9700

1660ti

16 gb single channel 2666mhz hyperx fury ram

The whole prebuilt shabang, if that beeo code means my cpu died then that sucks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@sonni_boiii , welcome to the forum.

Three long beeps followed by two short beeps is a memory initialization error.  This means that the memory has failed.  If you only have one stick of memory it is very difficult to diagnose.  If you have more than one stick, you can remove all of them and replace them one stick at a time in the slot closest to the processor and boot.  Test each stick this way.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

It still does the same thing without ram though, I took out the ram to try to boot just into the bios and it still did the same exact thing, same beep code and everything. And each ram stick gives the same beep code, i cant try the original ram stick because i gave it to my brother and he won't let me test it, do you think I possibly could've shorted something on my motherboard?

Or could I have damaged my gpu or pcie slot?

Could my cpu be dead?

Just thinking of ideas because im confused at this point.

HP Recommended

@sonni_boiii, when the memory is removed, you will get the error code beeps.  You will have to install at least one stick of memory in Slot 1 to see if it boots.

HP Recommended

I did that and now there's no beep code and no display output my system is just turning on my led strip and fans and then turning them off and on and off, do you think my motherboard is damaged? Or my cpu?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @sonni_boiii!

If you have more than one stick of memory did you try all them one at a time?  I don't believe that it is the motherboard.  I believe it is the memory causing your problem, but you need to test each stick separately.

HP Recommended

@old_geekster,

Do you need my magnifier eye glasses ?😉🙄

@sonni_boiii 

That unit only had a single 16GB RAM module.  You used the word "each"?

What do you mean by "each ram stick gives the same beep code, and I  cant try the original ram stick because i gave it to my brother and he won't let me test it".  That implies you made a chance, and that change is at issue.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@wb2001, I don't believe so!  😉  Just being thorough.

HP Recommended

Three beeps that repeat after a pause and occur when you power on your computer indicate a problem with the system memory. Three beeps that play and then stop as the computer starts successfully mean that the BIOS was restored. While some other programs may also have a three-beep sound, those that mean you need to take action and repair your computer will sound right as the computer operating system is turning on, and the tones will replay after a pause. The beeps will continue until the computer is powered off and will play again when it's on unless the problem is fixed.

keyslog
HP Recommended

This is an ALL in ONE ... no clue how to take the back off to do this

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.