cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Michaelbogman93
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Why is a motherboard Memphis2-s not compatible with amd rx-580 gpu?

HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-527nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, so i want to upgrade my desktop so i bought a new  gpu. Did Some research on Google found out, every gpu is compatible with any mortherboard. Well i guess not i have a pavilion 500-527nb with a Memphis2-s motherboard inside. I did upgrade the psu to a 500w psu. I bought a gpu : amd rx-580 8gb. Took the Nvidia Gtx 745 oem out of my pc and placed the rx 580. No output signal to my monitor. Try the card on another motherboard Works just fine. Already did bios update, drivers delete, amd drivers instal, nothing works. So the only thing can be a compatibillity issue with the motherboard memphis2-s. So why ? What makes a oem motherboard Give those issues? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
7,687 7,587 811 2,860
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
I don't know where you got this, but to say that all cards are compatible, is a big mistake, it does not apply to the preinstalled models manufacturers, anyway

check this in case:

Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-500-500-desktop-pc-series/7477729/model/7669789/doc...

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem >

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button 
Warning
If you have to do certain manipulations, it is at your own risk, think carefully before acting!
If you don't think you can, get help, or go to a professional

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
happy New Year

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
7,687 7,587 811 2,860
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
I don't know where you got this, but to say that all cards are compatible, is a big mistake, it does not apply to the preinstalled models manufacturers, anyway

check this in case:

Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-500-500-desktop-pc-series/7477729/model/7669789/doc...

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem >

Warning
If you have to do certain manipulations, it is at your own risk, think carefully before acting!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
happy New Year

View solution in original post

Michaelbogman93
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey that Seems to work! Thnx u sir Made my day 😁

Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
7,687 7,587 811 2,860
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warning

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
happy New Year
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation