Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 23” beats audio touch screen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I bought my desktop sometime in 2014, a HP envy 23” beats audio touch screen And it was running windows 8.1 OS until this year i decided to upgrade to windows 10. After the upgrade, the computer has never been the same everything changed but the most fustrating thing pushed me to ask this question is the wireless adapter. The in-build wireless adapter has stopped working and i have searched everywhere for the solution to no avail. I even went to the hp support website to see if i can download a driver or something to fix this but on the site you can download drivers for only windows 8 and lower. Please how can i fix this. I have searched everywhere on the internet. Any ideas would be of huge help. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hp support site lists this system as a HP supported windows 10 system as such the HP site has a drivers page for windows 10

have you checked there for a wireless driver? i see three diffrent wireless drivers  so you will have to check your device manager and see if it shows the installed wireless card, or check your bill of sale which should list the installed parts

you will have a Broadcon, Intel, or Realtek wireless card installed. download the matching driver

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-23-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/6879113/mod...

i would also install the Intel Chipset driver, and the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver as these two drivers are quite important

the Intel video and Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Haswell (AHCI) are optional but recomended

note that Ms may have installed a later video driver than the intel one , and may tell you this. if you get this prompt cancell the HP video driver

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hp support site lists this system as a HP supported windows 10 system as such the HP site has a drivers page for windows 10

have you checked there for a wireless driver? i see three diffrent wireless drivers  so you will have to check your device manager and see if it shows the installed wireless card, or check your bill of sale which should list the installed parts

you will have a Broadcon, Intel, or Realtek wireless card installed. download the matching driver

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-23-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/6879113/mod...

i would also install the Intel Chipset driver, and the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver as these two drivers are quite important

the Intel video and Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for Haswell (AHCI) are optional but recomended

note that Ms may have installed a later video driver than the intel one , and may tell you this. if you get this prompt cancell the HP video driver

HP Recommended

Hi

In addition to DGroves helpful answer....   

Is it one of these... Broadcom AzureWave

Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac featuring Dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) 2x2 MIMO technology and integrated Bluetooth 4.0 and WiDi

HP Recommended

id'ing the wireless card used is quite simple since device manager will almost alllways list the card maker or at least the model name

in other words a intel or realtek or broadcom card will have that in the device name or  sometimes just the card model/series

like 9259ml (that number is a made up example)

HP Recommended

Thanks a million. You just helped me solve a problem that i have been trying to solve for months. As a matter of fact, you didn't only solve the wi-fi problem, the factory bluetooth mouse stopped working and i almost discarded it but after installing all the drivers everything works perfectly fine now. Thank you

HP Recommended

Sorted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.