Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
3G825AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As i review the current order placed( it has not shipped yet from HP) i wanted to question if the 400W power supply that this system is being built with will power the computer efficiently? On NVidias website, it recommends the NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 Super 8GB (GDDR6 dedicated) have 550W. If so, this PC will not be able to power itself effectively. There was no option to upgrade the power supply unit when placing the order either. What can be done from Hp's side to correct this issue? 

Computer ordered Specs-

•20C2 Cycle AV
•NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 Super 8GB (GDDR6 dedicated)
•1TB SSD storage
•No Secondary storage
•HP black wired keyboard with volume control and wired optical mouse kit
•BU RCTO PAV GAM UMA B550A TG01-1 US
•McAfee Livesafe (30 day)
•16 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
•Realtek Canary ac 2x2 +Bluetooth 5 M.2 2230 PCI-e+USB WW with 2 Antennas
•Office Trial
•Shadow black front bezel, Acid Green Chrome logo with 400W Power supply
•Windows 10 Home Plus
•OSLOC US
•AMD Ryzen™ 7 4700G (3.6 GHz up to 4.4 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 8 cores)
•DIB Omen Command Center Flyer US

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't work for HP.

Not much information available for your product here (Link), look at product information, not much to check, or look here (no MB specs or power supply specs) (Link).

You are correct. A Nvidia 2060 Super reference graphics card requires a 550W PSU. HP modifies components so they work with factory configurations. 

Your PC will work with the graphics card HP installs at the factory. You may have power supply issues if you install a retail 2060 Super or better graphics card using the factory configuration.

I can't check your system to look at motherboard (MB) connections, no relevant data available at the above links. Some HP PCs use proprietary power supplies and MBs.

This means I don't know if you can do retail power supply upgrades to run higher powered graphics cards (you may have to purchase a power supply upgrade from HP if you need more power and you have a HP proprietary MB).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.