cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Will a 240W power supply from EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF fit into an EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF?

HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me out.  I am looking to find out if the 240W power supply from an EliteDesk 800 G4 SFF (Part Number (L30417-001)  will fit into my EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF replacing the current 180W power supply(. Specifically Im trying to find out if the dimensions and connectors are the same.  There was a connector change between G2 and G3, but the G3 and G4 look identical from the outside so I am hoping the component layouts are the same.  The current power supply appears to have 2 4 pin molex style connectors and a single 7 pin connector labeled PWRCMD.  

If anyone can confirm that the 240W power supply at least has the right connectors, Id really appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having dug through pictures and PDFs with some strategic pausing of Youtube videos, I believe that the PSU in the G4 will fit,  at least enough that I think I’m going to try ordering one.

Iwill report back how it goes.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation