Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a hp compaq 6005 pro sff with amd athlon ii x2 b24 and i would like to upgrade to a amd phenom ii x4 955 125Watts quad-core processor. It says this model has a 250W power supply will this be able to work?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
it's not just a question of power
But motherboard design
you have the list of compatible processors here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-6005-pro-small-form-factor-pc/4024556/document/c01865...

Illustrated Parts & Service Map: HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor Business PC

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you, but i already picked an another cpu in this case it only has 95v the name is amd athlon ii x4 640 3.0ghz quad-core i wonder if this is okay?

HP Recommended

All we can give you here is the list of HP approved processors.
In some cases other models may work.
But if all the possible models are indicated with a tdp 95 w, then you have less chance that it will work
To avoid any worries, I would advise you just to use only what is indicated.
Now for you to see, I can't tell you anything more

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.