Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Omen 870-2xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Was wanting to upgrade GPUs.

Aside from the PSU (which I know would have to be upgraded) I was wondering if someone a bit more experienced with this could please let me know if either of these - two i’m deciding on right now - are compatible/would fit?

- msi rtx 2080 super

- evga 2080 ti xc2 (preference but doubting it will fit)

Thank you in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

What is the product number of your Omen desktop PC? 

Currently, you have only provided the generic model series name.

In order to make an accurate recommendation it is necessary to know how your desktop PC is configured.

The evga 2080 ti xc2  and the MSI unit require a 650 Watt PSU and yours has a 500W PSU.

There are also two eight pin PCIe power connectors required for either  candidate graphics card.

If your desktop has the Odense2-K motherboard, which has only a single PCIe x16 slot neither is likely to fit as they both require three slots worth off space.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i apologize.
product ID 4CE75141R8

OMEN by HP Desktop PC 870-2XX

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.