Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb0000 (598U8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I am looking to upgrade my Laptop's(Victus-15 fb013AX) SSD with the 990 PRO with Heatsink PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB , will this fit inside my laptop or should i get the one without the heatsink?

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Blaze99 

The most convenient is not to put with heatsink may not close the lid and damage the disk. The heatsink is usually used in Desktop models, and notebook heatsinks are usually a metal plate that is not very thick. 

- if I can help solve your question or issue, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button if my answer was helpful.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Blaze99 

The most convenient is not to put with heatsink may not close the lid and damage the disk. The heatsink is usually used in Desktop models, and notebook heatsinks are usually a metal plate that is not very thick. 

- if I can help solve your question or issue, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button if my answer was helpful.
HP Recommended

Got it will get the SSD without Heatsink then, Do you have suggestions between the WD Black sn850x 2TB or the Samsung  Pro 990 2TB.

Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

Actually both are good but I'm leaning towards the Samsung, HP uses a lot of their disks and memory.

HP Recommended

Sure, that was helpful!

Thank you

HP Recommended

You're welcome, happy to help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.